Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Peachy Keen Stamps Critter Faces Sets

 I recently purchased a meduim set of Peachy Keen's Critter Faces stamps in the medium size. Theie website states that the faces are approximately 1 inch and "will fit critters or paperdolls cut in medium sizes." My definition of meduim sizes would be 3-6 inches for the animals on the Create A Critter cartridge. I was very excited to recieve my stamps and I immediately started cutting away the cute critters on this cart. After I cut my 1st owl @ 5 inches I knew I had the wrong size stamp set for my needs. The face was not big enough so my excitement faded a bit. So about a week later I ordered the same set in the Extra Large size and I recieved this package yesterday. This set is advertized as "faces are approxiamtely 1 3/8 inches and will fit critters or paper dolls cut in larger sizes. Faces will fit face size diameters of approxiamtely 2 1/2 to 3 1/4 inches." I did not raise my expectations of actual critter/doll sizes as I knew the medium size was not quite MY medium I did however expect them to be able to work with the 3-6 inch critters. I in no way want this post to discourage any potential Peachy Keen customers from ordering their high quality stamps this is just my opinion of the sizing and is in no way a negative attack of their products because I think they a high quality. I took pictures to compare sizes for people to make their choice of the size they may want to purchase.
The smaller kitty was cut at 3 1/2 inches and the larger one is cut at 4 1/2 inches. I think these sizes push the limits of these sets in terms of the face being to small for the cut.

The smaller koala is cut at 3 1/4 inch and the larger one is 4 1/4 inches.

The smaller turtle is 2 1/4 inch tall and the larger is 3 1/2 inches tall.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope I helped you get the information on sizing you may need prior to making your purchase of these great quality, cute stamps.. Have a Great Day!
 Sarah

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the sizing info. I was just about to order the mediums too, but I can see I need the larger ones. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info. I think I'm gonna have to get the Large & Extra Large. I really don't do Critters smaller than 3 inches, lol, so I'm betting the Mediums just aren't gonna work. Glad I didn't buy them last week when I was looking at them! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice info to have, thanks for passing it on....

    ReplyDelete