Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Recent Lo

I am trying to get into this blog more but I just haven't got my mojo back yet. I am working on it by joining challenges over at scrapbook.com and making myself do them. Thank you to all my followers as I know right now this is not the most exciting blog on the internet, but I will do better in the future I promise...
Here is my most recent lo that I entered in 2 challenges over there.
The sketch came from the weekly sketch challenge. They post a sketch there and give you a twist to add to your creativity. The twist this week was to use a punch which I did with the black scalloped border. The other challenge category this lo was entered in was the use your stash challenge. This challenge encourages you to use products you already have on hand and also gives weekly lo guidelines with a twist. This is actualy for their week 1 lo which required me to create a lo with me and someone/thing I love with a twist of using a stitched heart. I picked these pics of my daughters and I and added doodled stitching to the title.
The products I used to create this lo were my cricut expression and SCAL 2 for the scalloped corner in the background. The pink and white pp is from the DCWV ultimate stack. I love this stack and the SCAL 2 program which is new to me but I already love it.. The title was cut out using the Birthday Bash cartridge at 2 1/2 inches. I doodled the stitching using a gellyroll pen. All the cs is from DCWV. The ribbon is burgaundy and from Joann's store. The green border strip and the black chipboard heart are from Colobok. I made the journaling paper using the quick form app on my printer. I decided on the color scheme with the help of http://www.colorschemedesigner.com/. This website is awesome. if you find yourself stuck trying to figure out which colors to use check out that site. I have it bookmarked and check it often. Thanks so much for visiting and I promise to see you soon. I got a bunch of new goodies recently and plan to create some great projects real soon!

1 comment: